Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Learning to garden: green thumb 101

So this I've written about our garden before, but tonight we have a first. Our very first vegetables of our labor, as it may be. I came home and noticed that one of the zucchinis was ready to pick.


This was what I saw when I started to look around and move the leaves.
This was our first pick from our garden.



But it's not the only growth we are having. If you look carefully, you can see some yellow squash in the massive over growth that is the summer squash bush. The leaves are the size of toilet seats!



We have a few tomatoes forming, but not as much as I'd like. We also have some peppers popping out. One head of lettuce is almost ready and our apricot tree is spewing fruit left and right, even though we've lost like 1/3 of the tree. We need to break out the canning hardware.

So I'll let you know how out learning process continues and hopefully I don't screw it up too much.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment