Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Not being able to post

So, I got thinking about how great today is. Our first African American President was just sworn in and it was such an amazing event to watch. But I can't post about that. Because Katie can't be affiliated with any politics, I can't say how proud I am of our country for electing Barack Obama. I can't say that I have high hopes for him. I can't express the excitment for the change that is coming. I can't say that I know that he will be a great leader and fix a lot of things wrong in the system now. I can't say that it was an inspirational ceremony. I can't express gratitude that my daughter will hopefully grow up in a world that is more tolerable to people of all races and regions and religions. I can't hope that she will grow wondering how the world would be like if this hadn't happened. All of these things I can't write about. In fact, this entire post is just a figure of your imagination.

1 comment: